‘NIC records prove Mehbooba had praised Modi’
New Delhi: Armed with minutes of the NIC
meeting, BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Saturday said her claim that
PDP head Mehbooba Mufti had praised Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi at the conclave has been proved right.
At Modi`s Sadhbavana fast in Ahmedabad on September 19,
Swaraj had said that Mufti was enamoured with the Gujarat
Chief Minister`s style of functioning and had given an example
in her speech at the NIC meet to drive home her point
Mufti, a known baiter of the BJP who differs from the
principal opposition on a host of issues, had denied this,
alleging that Swaraj was not stating the truth.
In a statement issued today, Swaraj claimed that she has
now received the verbatim record of the proceedings of the
National Integration Council (NIC) meeting held on September
According to Swaraj, as per the official record Mufti
stated at the NIC meeting: "...I recall once I was in Chennai
and I met some one, a Muslim businessman, and he told me that
he had gone to see Gujarat Chief Minister, and he said I was
very impressed, I had an appointment with him regarding some
business deal and he had got all the officers there, around
him. They did not take even ten minutes and he got his job
Modi has time and again drawn flak from civil society
members and a section of the media for allegedly not doing
enough to control the post-Godhra 2002 riots in Gujarat.
"Mehbooba Mufti told the media that I had misquoted her
comments. She wanted Government of India to release the text
of her speech to set the record straight," Swaraj said.
However, Swaraj clarified that her aim was not to
embarrass Mufti but merely to set the record straight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test