Night temperature in Kashmir dips below freezing point
Srinagar: Cold wave conditions continued without respite across the Kashmir Valley Wednesday, and night temperatures dropped several notches below freezing point.
"The minimum temperature was minus 2.7 degrees Celsius in Srinagar today (Wednesday). It was minus 5.2 in Pahalgam and minus 1.8 in Gulmarg. Minimum temperature today dropped to minus 12.8 in Leh and minus 9.7 in Kargil town of Ladakh region," an official of the local weather office said.
The official said night temperature was 8.7 degrees in Jammu city Wednesday, a degree less than normal for this time of year.
Shallow water bodies at many places on the outskirts of Srinagar had a thin crust of ice in the morning as the night temperature had dipped to below freezing point.
The official predicted that the next 48 hours till Friday morning in Srinagar and surrounding areas would be dry, even though there was possibility of light rain at some places in the higher reaches of the Valley.
"This means we should expect further drop in the night temperatures during the next two to three days," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred