Nine policemen injured in militant attack in J&K
Srinagar: Nine policemen were injured
on Wednesday when militants detonated a two-wheeler packed with
explosives outside a police station in Sopore in Baramulla
district in Jammu and Kashmir.
Minutes before the powerful blast, the militants
carried out a grenade attack on the police station, 55 kms
from here, in the north Kashmir town, officials said.
They said the condition of four of the injured
policemen, including three special police officers, was stated
to be "critical".
The officials said the militants carried out the
attack in the town, considered the hot-bed of militancy in the
Valley, around 9.05 am when they fired a rifle grenade towards
the police station.
The grenade exploded in the premises of the station
without causing any casualty or damage, they said.
As the policemen came out, the ultras triggered an
improvised explosive device (IED) planted in a scooter parked
near the police station 10 minutes later, injuring nine
The injured policemen were immediately rushed to the
nearby sub-district hospital and after initial treatment, four
of them identified as SPOs Mourifat, Mohammad Ramzan and Fayaz
Ahmad and constable Farooq Ahamad, were referred to Srinagar
for further treatment, the officials said.
All the four were admitted to Soura Medical Institute
and their condition was stated to be "critical", the officials
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India