NMC appeals to PM to declare Jammu and Srinagar as B-1 cities
Jammu: The National Mazdoor Conference (NMC) on Monday urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to accord Jammu and Srinagar the status of B-1 cities to "ensure more flow of funds".
"Giving B-1 status to the twin capital cities would ensure more flow of funds for upgrading infrastructure and modernising civic amenities of these fast expanding cities," NMC president Subash Shastri said in a memorandum submitted to the Prime Minister here.
Shastri said since the cost of living had increased in Srinagar and Jammu, the B-1 status would benefit the salaried class with enhanced House Rent Allowance (HRA) and City Compensatory Allowance (CCA).
He urged Singh to constitute a committee on the 7th Pay Commission, release of 10 per cent DA, and merger of 50 per cent DA into basic pay and pension before the Model Code of Conduct for the upcoming general elections comes into effect.
Stressing the need for early sanction of 20 per cent interim relief in favour of both central and state governments employees and pensioners, the NMC leader urged Singh to personally intervene and take a decision at the earliest in view of inflation and hike in prices of essential commodities.
The NMC leader said the Centre should provide special package to all states for meeting the expenditure on account of interim relief so that there were no financial constraints for them to provide the benefit to state`s employees and pensioners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why