NMC appeals to PM to declare Jammu and Srinagar as B-1 cities
Jammu: The National Mazdoor Conference (NMC) on Monday urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to accord Jammu and Srinagar the status of B-1 cities to "ensure more flow of funds".
"Giving B-1 status to the twin capital cities would ensure more flow of funds for upgrading infrastructure and modernising civic amenities of these fast expanding cities," NMC president Subash Shastri said in a memorandum submitted to the Prime Minister here.
Shastri said since the cost of living had increased in Srinagar and Jammu, the B-1 status would benefit the salaried class with enhanced House Rent Allowance (HRA) and City Compensatory Allowance (CCA).
He urged Singh to constitute a committee on the 7th Pay Commission, release of 10 per cent DA, and merger of 50 per cent DA into basic pay and pension before the Model Code of Conduct for the upcoming general elections comes into effect.
Stressing the need for early sanction of 20 per cent interim relief in favour of both central and state governments employees and pensioners, the NMC leader urged Singh to personally intervene and take a decision at the earliest in view of inflation and hike in prices of essential commodities.
The NMC leader said the Centre should provide special package to all states for meeting the expenditure on account of interim relief so that there were no financial constraints for them to provide the benefit to state`s employees and pensioners.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!
- Real Madrid vs Manchester City PREVIEW: Champions League, 2nd semi-final, second leg