No communal intent in report: J&K interlocutors
New Delhi: Asserting that none of their
proposals smack of communal intent, the Centre`s
interlocutors on Monday assured the people of Jammu and Kashmir
that their report addressed the political aspirations of the
state as a whole and of its three regions.
The three interlocutors also took exception to the
"speculative stories" appearing in a section of media,
dismissing them as "pulp fiction" and asked the people not to
pay heed to any "self-serving attempt to rubbish the report
without any knowledge whatsoever of its substance."
They assured the people that the recommendations have
addressed the political aspirations of the state as a whole,
of each of its three regions, of each district within every
region and of all communities while resolutely refusing to
advance any proposal that smacks of communal intent.
"Indeed, the recommendations are inter-locked and cannot
therefore be disentangled to suit the designs of any one
region or community," the three interlocutors - Dileep
Padgaonkar, Radha Kumar and M M Ansari - said in a statement
While cautioning people of the state not to lend any
credence to news stories that claim to reveal the contents of
its final report handed over to Home Minister P Chidambaram on
October 12, the interlocutors said the report "is under lock
and key in his (Chidambaram) office and no one has access
"The news stories were so speculative that they fall in
the category of pulp fiction with its mix of half-truths and
fantasy. The comments made on the basis of such reports are
therefore misleading and perhaps even mischievous in that they
are a self-serving attempt to rubbish the report without any
knowledge whatsoever of its substance."
The interlocutors said the people of the state would,
therefore, be well advised to ignore them for it is only a
matter of time before the government shares the report with
the All Party Delegation.
"This would be the opportune moment for all stake-holders
to subject it to close, critical scrutiny and, on that basis,
to carry forward the group`s efforts to arrive at a political
settlement in the state," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray