No compromise on indiscipline: Mirwaiz
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Monday said disciplinary action would be initiated in connection with yesterday’s clashes at the amalgam headquarters.
"Yesterday’s incident at the Hurriyat headquarters has been brought to my notice. Disciplinary action will be taken," Mirwaiz told reporters at his Nigeen residence where he has been under house arrest since yesterday.
Clashes between supporters of Mirwaiz and Shabir Ahmad Shah had erupted at Hurriyat headquarters during a function.
Shah was seeking disciplinary action against Abdul Gani Bhat for stating that UN resolutions on Kashmir issue were not implementable.
Throwing his weight behind Bhat, the Hurriyat chairman said the amalgam constitution was clear on two possible ways of resolving the Kashmir issue.
"Kashmir issue can be resolved either by implementing the international (UN) resolution or through tripartite talks between India, Pakistan and representatives of people of Jammu and Kashmir," he said.
There would be no compromise on indiscipline within the amalgam, Mirwaiz said.
"We are capable of dealing with these things. We have made it clear there will be issues between the constituents but these have to be resolved within the forum," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Happy Birthday AbRam Khan, you are an adorable munchkin! See what daddy Shah Rukh posted
- Nation remembers Pt Jawaharlal Nehru on his 52nd death anniversary
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: SRH vs GL - Second opportunity for Suresh Raina & Co to book final berth
- Two security personnel injured in gunbattle in Baramulla
- Shahid Kapoor's 'Udta Punjab' gets into trouble with Censor Board