No compromise on indiscipline: Mirwaiz
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Monday said disciplinary action would be initiated in connection with yesterday’s clashes at the amalgam headquarters.
"Yesterday’s incident at the Hurriyat headquarters has been brought to my notice. Disciplinary action will be taken," Mirwaiz told reporters at his Nigeen residence where he has been under house arrest since yesterday.
Clashes between supporters of Mirwaiz and Shabir Ahmad Shah had erupted at Hurriyat headquarters during a function.
Shah was seeking disciplinary action against Abdul Gani Bhat for stating that UN resolutions on Kashmir issue were not implementable.
Throwing his weight behind Bhat, the Hurriyat chairman said the amalgam constitution was clear on two possible ways of resolving the Kashmir issue.
"Kashmir issue can be resolved either by implementing the international (UN) resolution or through tripartite talks between India, Pakistan and representatives of people of Jammu and Kashmir," he said.
There would be no compromise on indiscipline within the amalgam, Mirwaiz said.
"We are capable of dealing with these things. We have made it clear there will be issues between the constituents but these have to be resolved within the forum," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends