No evidence Yusuf was poisoned: Forensic report
Srinagar: There is no evidence to suggest
that National Conference (NC) worker Haji Syed Yusuf was
poisoned in police custody, the forensic examination report
The forensic report said no traces of any poison had been
found in the blood and food samples taken from the deceased
during the post-mortem, official sources said here today.
The report was handed over to Additional District
Magistrate Mohammed Akbar, probing the death of Yusuf, last
evening by the state forensic department, the sources said.
Yusuf died on September 30 and it is mandatory under
Section 176 Criminal Procedure Code to hold a magisterial
inquiry into any death in police custody.
While the final autopsy report of Yusuf was expected soon
from the Principal of Government Medical College which was
conducting other tests including of viscera, preliminary
post-mortem report had suggested that he died due to
cardio-respiratory arrest and he had no external injuries to
suggest any torture as alleged by the deceased`s family.
The board of doctors in their preliminary post-mortem
report have certified that no external injuries were found on
the body of deceased. This report had been submitted to Akbar,
who would be giving his opinion after receiving the final
The magisterial inquiry may shape the future course of
action to decide whether the death was natural or whether it
needed any further probe, the sources said.
All relevant documents, including the videography of the
postmortem, had been submitted to the Magistrate, including
the report of ECG conducted on Yusuf at 8.23 PM on September
Omar has also ordered an inquiry by a sitting judge of
the High Court and said all facts will be placed before it.
The Crime Branch of Jammu and Kashmir Police registered
an FIR under Section 420 of the Ranbir Penal Code (RPC) at 10
PM on September 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC