No exchange of sweets along LoC on Eid this time
Jammu: Exchange of sweets between border guards of India and Pakistan along the LoC and the IB in Jammu and Kashmir, a regular feature during Eid festivities, did not take place today.
In the backdrop of increase in ceasefire violations, the exchange of sweets and pleasantries between the two armies did not happen at the Line of Control on Eid-ul-Azha today, an army officer said.
"There was no exchange of sweets and greetings with the Pakistani Army at the Chakan-Da-Bagh border crossing point in Poonch," he said.
Exchange of sweets also did not take place between the Border Security Force and Pakistan Rangers at Octroi Border Out Post along the International Border in R S Pura belt in Jammu district, a BSF officer said.
There were 10 ceasefire violations along the LoC and the IB in Jammu and Kashmir in the past one week and over 130 this year, the highest in past eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly