No exchange of sweets along LoC on Eid this time
Jammu: Exchange of sweets between border guards of India and Pakistan along the LoC and the IB in Jammu and Kashmir, a regular feature during Eid festivities, did not take place today.
In the backdrop of increase in ceasefire violations, the exchange of sweets and pleasantries between the two armies did not happen at the Line of Control on Eid-ul-Azha today, an army officer said.
"There was no exchange of sweets and greetings with the Pakistani Army at the Chakan-Da-Bagh border crossing point in Poonch," he said.
Exchange of sweets also did not take place between the Border Security Force and Pakistan Rangers at Octroi Border Out Post along the International Border in R S Pura belt in Jammu district, a BSF officer said.
There were 10 ceasefire violations along the LoC and the IB in Jammu and Kashmir in the past one week and over 130 this year, the highest in past eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued