No exchange of sweets along LoC on Eid this time
Jammu: Exchange of sweets between border guards of India and Pakistan along the LoC and the IB in Jammu and Kashmir, a regular feature during Eid festivities, did not take place today.
In the backdrop of increase in ceasefire violations, the exchange of sweets and pleasantries between the two armies did not happen at the Line of Control on Eid-ul-Azha today, an army officer said.
"There was no exchange of sweets and greetings with the Pakistani Army at the Chakan-Da-Bagh border crossing point in Poonch," he said.
Exchange of sweets also did not take place between the Border Security Force and Pakistan Rangers at Octroi Border Out Post along the International Border in R S Pura belt in Jammu district, a BSF officer said.
There were 10 ceasefire violations along the LoC and the IB in Jammu and Kashmir in the past one week and over 130 this year, the highest in past eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30