No exchange of sweets along LoC on Eid this time
Jammu: Exchange of sweets between border guards of India and Pakistan along the LoC and the IB in Jammu and Kashmir, a regular feature during Eid festivities, did not take place today.
In the backdrop of increase in ceasefire violations, the exchange of sweets and pleasantries between the two armies did not happen at the Line of Control on Eid-ul-Azha today, an army officer said.
"There was no exchange of sweets and greetings with the Pakistani Army at the Chakan-Da-Bagh border crossing point in Poonch," he said.
Exchange of sweets also did not take place between the Border Security Force and Pakistan Rangers at Octroi Border Out Post along the International Border in R S Pura belt in Jammu district, a BSF officer said.
There were 10 ceasefire violations along the LoC and the IB in Jammu and Kashmir in the past one week and over 130 this year, the highest in past eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi