No harm in separatists` interaction with interlocutors: NC
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference on Tuesday
said that separatist organisations in Jammu and Kashmir,
including Hurriyat Conference, should enter into talks with
the interlocutors appointed by the Centre as "there is no harm
in having a dialogue with them".
"Syed Ali Shah Geelani and other separatist leaders
should hold talks with the Centre`s interlocutors like they
are doing with the envoys of foreign countries," senior NC
leader and Lok Sabha MP Mehboob Beig said while addressing
party workers in Anantnag town, 55 kms from here, in south
"Dialogue holds the key for an everlasting solution to
the Kashmir issue...There is no harm in holding talks with the
interlocutors as it will pave the way for resolution of the
Kashmir issue," he said.
Expressing satisfaction over the role of interlocutors to
complete their assigned task within the stipulated time frame,
Beig said, "In such a job, having confidence and faith are
He said his party has been working as a bridge to develop
friendly ties between India and Pakistan and stressed the need
for resolution of the Kashmir issue under peaceful atmosphere.
Reiterating the NC`s stand that autonomy is the best
solution to address the Kashmir issue, Beig said "there is no
alternative to autonomy for addressing Kashmir issue. The
Centre has to accept our demand for autonomy".
He said people of the Valley faced a lot of hardships
over the past few months of unrest and though various agencies
are bent upon disturbing peace in the Valley, the people are
scuttling all such "enemy designs".
"There is a need for keeping a close watch on anti-people
and anti-peace elements as nobody will be allowed to disturb
the peaceful atmosphere," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video