No increase in chances of cross-border infiltration: BSF
Srinagar: BSF on Thursday said there is no increase in chances of infiltration from across the border and the situation in Jammu and Kashmir has improved a lot.
"There is no increase in chances of infiltration," IG BSF, Kashmir frontier, SS Tomar said on the sidelines of a passing-out parade of Border Security Force in the outskirts of the city here.
"The situation in Kashmir has improved a lot...There is virtual normalcy," he said, warning though that there will be mischief mongers who would try to vitiate the atmosphere of peace.
He said, "Ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts at the border are an attempt by the neighbouring country to escalate the situation and to divert the attention from their sad internal affairs. BSF will foil any such attempt."
Earlier, addressing the trainees at the parade, Tomar lauded them for their training and performance.
As many as 244 BSF trainees, who completed 22 weeks of basic rigorous training, took part in the passing out parade.
Tomar took the salute at the colourful and musical ceremony held at BSF Subsidiary Training Centre here.
The graduates include 12 SI (JE), 48 ASI (RM) and 184 head constables (RO). Among them were four postgraduates, 21 graduates and 219 senior secondary pass outs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof