No Narendra Modi wave in country: Ghulam Nabi Azad
Jammu: Union minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Thursday said that there was no Narendra Modi wave in the country and it was only a creation of the media.
"There is no Modi wave -- it is media created wave -- it is no public wave," the Health minister told reporters here during his two day visit to border belts of Jammu.
"Despite adverse publicity (against Congress), we were able to snatch Uttrakhand and Himachal Pradesh," he said adding the party will put up a similar performance in the forthcoming polls in five states.
On controversy over Modi`s statement in context to Sardar Patel, he said that as far as Congress is concerned, there is no controversy-- in fact when Nehru became PM, Sardar Patel was party to it.
Replying to a question about his expectations from Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Azad said "when Sharif was annointed as PM, I was asked what was my expectations from the new PM -- my reply was I have zero expectations.
"The reason being in Pakistan it is not leadership but it is Army that calls the shots".
Pakistani Army was not interested in improvement of relations with India -- as it fears that this will make them irrelevant, the minister said.
Azad further said that frequent firing on the borders will prove costly for Pakistan as it needs to understand that good relations with India is in its benefit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray