No Narendra Modi wave in country: Ghulam Nabi Azad
Jammu: Union minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Thursday said that there was no Narendra Modi wave in the country and it was only a creation of the media.
"There is no Modi wave -- it is media created wave -- it is no public wave," the Health minister told reporters here during his two day visit to border belts of Jammu.
"Despite adverse publicity (against Congress), we were able to snatch Uttrakhand and Himachal Pradesh," he said adding the party will put up a similar performance in the forthcoming polls in five states.
On controversy over Modi`s statement in context to Sardar Patel, he said that as far as Congress is concerned, there is no controversy-- in fact when Nehru became PM, Sardar Patel was party to it.
Replying to a question about his expectations from Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Azad said "when Sharif was annointed as PM, I was asked what was my expectations from the new PM -- my reply was I have zero expectations.
"The reason being in Pakistan it is not leadership but it is Army that calls the shots".
Pakistani Army was not interested in improvement of relations with India -- as it fears that this will make them irrelevant, the minister said.
Azad further said that frequent firing on the borders will prove costly for Pakistan as it needs to understand that good relations with India is in its benefit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested