No policy to provide safe shelters for LoC people: J&K govt
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has no policy to provide shelter at safer places to the people living in Pakistan shelling range along the Line of Control (LoC) in the state.
"There is no policy or proposal to provide shelter at safer places to the people living in Pak shelling range on permanent basis in J&K," Minister of State for Home, Sajjad Ahmed Kitchloo said in a written reply to the question of Congress MLC Ghulam Nabi Monga in Legislative Council on Saturday.
The situation (with regard to Pak firing and shelling) is being continuously monitored and as and when it is felt that the people need to be relocated temporarily in safer places, they will be provided shelter in available government buildings and private houses by erupting temporary structures, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir