No policy to provide safe shelters for LoC people: J&K govt
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has no policy to provide shelter at safer places to the people living in Pakistan shelling range along the Line of Control (LoC) in the state.
"There is no policy or proposal to provide shelter at safer places to the people living in Pak shelling range on permanent basis in J&K," Minister of State for Home, Sajjad Ahmed Kitchloo said in a written reply to the question of Congress MLC Ghulam Nabi Monga in Legislative Council on Saturday.
The situation (with regard to Pak firing and shelling) is being continuously monitored and as and when it is felt that the people need to be relocated temporarily in safer places, they will be provided shelter in available government buildings and private houses by erupting temporary structures, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you