No policy to provide safe shelters for LoC people: J&K govt
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has no policy to provide shelter at safer places to the people living in Pakistan shelling range along the Line of Control (LoC) in the state.
"There is no policy or proposal to provide shelter at safer places to the people living in Pak shelling range on permanent basis in J&K," Minister of State for Home, Sajjad Ahmed Kitchloo said in a written reply to the question of Congress MLC Ghulam Nabi Monga in Legislative Council on Saturday.
The situation (with regard to Pak firing and shelling) is being continuously monitored and as and when it is felt that the people need to be relocated temporarily in safer places, they will be provided shelter in available government buildings and private houses by erupting temporary structures, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed