No policy to provide safe shelters for LoC people: J&K govt
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has no policy to provide shelter at safer places to the people living in Pakistan shelling range along the Line of Control (LoC) in the state.
"There is no policy or proposal to provide shelter at safer places to the people living in Pak shelling range on permanent basis in J&K," Minister of State for Home, Sajjad Ahmed Kitchloo said in a written reply to the question of Congress MLC Ghulam Nabi Monga in Legislative Council on Saturday.
The situation (with regard to Pak firing and shelling) is being continuously monitored and as and when it is felt that the people need to be relocated temporarily in safer places, they will be provided shelter in available government buildings and private houses by erupting temporary structures, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars