No political issue should disturb R-Day celebrations: J&K Govt
Jammu: In the backdrop of BJP plans to hoist the tricolour at Lal Chowk in Sringar, Governor NN Vohra on Sunday said no political issue should disturb the Republic Day celebrations in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Governor said "maintenance of peace, harmony and amity" were a must during the celebrations and "no political or other issue" should be allowed to disturb the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed