No reduction in paramilitary troops in J&K: CRPF
Srinagar: There will be no reduction in the
number of paramilitary troops in Jammu and Kashmir in view of
the forthcoming Panchayat elections in the state and to
prevent a situation like last year`s summer unrest in the
Kashmir Valley, CRPF said on Saturday.
"There can be no reduction in the number of CRPF troops
as Panchayat elections are going to be held soon," Inspector
General of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Ravi Prakash
Mehrada told reporters at the sidelines of a function here.
Meharda said the number of paramilitary personnel can
also not be reduced to prevent the repetition of last year`s
summer turmoil in the Valley.
"We are watching the situation closely and we cannot let
the past incidents be repeated," he said.
The IG said every jawan of the force was being sensitised
and reoriented in crowd control to avoid collateral damage
CRPF had organised a function here to observe Valour Day
to honour the personnel of the force who had repulsed the
Pakistan Army in the Rann of Kuch in the 1965 war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news