No reduction in paramilitary troops in J&K: CRPF
Srinagar: There will be no reduction in the
number of paramilitary troops in Jammu and Kashmir in view of
the forthcoming Panchayat elections in the state and to
prevent a situation like last year`s summer unrest in the
Kashmir Valley, CRPF said on Saturday.
"There can be no reduction in the number of CRPF troops
as Panchayat elections are going to be held soon," Inspector
General of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Ravi Prakash
Mehrada told reporters at the sidelines of a function here.
Meharda said the number of paramilitary personnel can
also not be reduced to prevent the repetition of last year`s
summer turmoil in the Valley.
"We are watching the situation closely and we cannot let
the past incidents be repeated," he said.
The IG said every jawan of the force was being sensitised
and reoriented in crowd control to avoid collateral damage
CRPF had organised a function here to observe Valour Day
to honour the personnel of the force who had repulsed the
Pakistan Army in the Rann of Kuch in the 1965 war.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Research for 'Veerappan' took 15 years: Ram Gopal Varma
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'