No reduction in paramilitary troops in J&K: CRPF
Srinagar: There will be no reduction in the
number of paramilitary troops in Jammu and Kashmir in view of
the forthcoming Panchayat elections in the state and to
prevent a situation like last year`s summer unrest in the
Kashmir Valley, CRPF said on Saturday.
"There can be no reduction in the number of CRPF troops
as Panchayat elections are going to be held soon," Inspector
General of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Ravi Prakash
Mehrada told reporters at the sidelines of a function here.
Meharda said the number of paramilitary personnel can
also not be reduced to prevent the repetition of last year`s
summer turmoil in the Valley.
"We are watching the situation closely and we cannot let
the past incidents be repeated," he said.
The IG said every jawan of the force was being sensitised
and reoriented in crowd control to avoid collateral damage
CRPF had organised a function here to observe Valour Day
to honour the personnel of the force who had repulsed the
Pakistan Army in the Rann of Kuch in the 1965 war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi