No reduction in paramilitary troops in J&K: CRPF
Srinagar: There will be no reduction in the
number of paramilitary troops in Jammu and Kashmir in view of
the forthcoming Panchayat elections in the state and to
prevent a situation like last year`s summer unrest in the
Kashmir Valley, CRPF said on Saturday.
"There can be no reduction in the number of CRPF troops
as Panchayat elections are going to be held soon," Inspector
General of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Ravi Prakash
Mehrada told reporters at the sidelines of a function here.
Meharda said the number of paramilitary personnel can
also not be reduced to prevent the repetition of last year`s
summer turmoil in the Valley.
"We are watching the situation closely and we cannot let
the past incidents be repeated," he said.
The IG said every jawan of the force was being sensitised
and reoriented in crowd control to avoid collateral damage
CRPF had organised a function here to observe Valour Day
to honour the personnel of the force who had repulsed the
Pakistan Army in the Rann of Kuch in the 1965 war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?