No snow in Kashmir Valley this Christmas
Srinagar: Santa Claus will not have to trudge through snow in the Kashmir Valley this Christmas. The weather office on Monday forecast cold, dry weather conditions in the region.
"The weather will remain dry in the valley in the next 24 hours although the sky will be generally cloudy," an official of the weather office said.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar was 1.2 degrees Celsius Monday, three degrees above the season`s average. The minimum temperature in the city was -4 degrees Celsius Sunday.
The temperatures remained below freezing point in most parts of the region Monday.
"The minimum today was -2 degrees Celsius in Pahalgam, -5.2 in Gulmarg, -8.2 in Leh and -10.2 in Kargil town," the official said.
The Kashmir Valley is presently passing through the 40-day harsh winter period known locally as Chillai Kalan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city