No snow in Kashmir Valley this Christmas
Srinagar: Santa Claus will not have to trudge through snow in the Kashmir Valley this Christmas. The weather office on Monday forecast cold, dry weather conditions in the region.
"The weather will remain dry in the valley in the next 24 hours although the sky will be generally cloudy," an official of the weather office said.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar was 1.2 degrees Celsius Monday, three degrees above the season`s average. The minimum temperature in the city was -4 degrees Celsius Sunday.
The temperatures remained below freezing point in most parts of the region Monday.
"The minimum today was -2 degrees Celsius in Pahalgam, -5.2 in Gulmarg, -8.2 in Leh and -10.2 in Kargil town," the official said.
The Kashmir Valley is presently passing through the 40-day harsh winter period known locally as Chillai Kalan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack