No snow in Kashmir Valley this Christmas
Srinagar: Santa Claus will not have to trudge through snow in the Kashmir Valley this Christmas. The weather office on Monday forecast cold, dry weather conditions in the region.
"The weather will remain dry in the valley in the next 24 hours although the sky will be generally cloudy," an official of the weather office said.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar was 1.2 degrees Celsius Monday, three degrees above the season`s average. The minimum temperature in the city was -4 degrees Celsius Sunday.
The temperatures remained below freezing point in most parts of the region Monday.
"The minimum today was -2 degrees Celsius in Pahalgam, -5.2 in Gulmarg, -8.2 in Leh and -10.2 in Kargil town," the official said.
The Kashmir Valley is presently passing through the 40-day harsh winter period known locally as Chillai Kalan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority