No Truth and Reconciliation Commission for Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference
chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani today rejected the Truth and
Reconciliation Commission proposed by Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah and demanded a UN-fact finding mission to probe the
unmarked graves in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We vehemently reject the Truth and Reconciliation
Commission as we do not expect justice from the system which
is perpetuating human rights violations in the state,"
Geelani, who is under house arrest, told reporters at his
Omar had reiterated his suggestion for setting up of
Truth and Reconciliation Commission after the investigative
wing of the State Human Rights Commission admitted the
existence of over 2,700 unmarked graves at 38 sites in north
The hardline Hurriyat leader said none of the victims of
human rights violations in the state has got justice from the
system "which is based on fraud and cheating".
Asked about the demand for Income Tax probe against him
made by Union Minister Farooq Abdullah, Geelani said, "One
should laugh at his comments and sometimes cry too. A man who
does not know what he is talking about, should not be taken
Abdullah yesterday sought a probe into the money
allegedly collected by Geelani and other separatists at the
time of reconstruction of Chrar-e-Sharief Shrine in 1995 and
during the last summer`s unrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'