Nobody can take even an inch of Kashmir`s land: Mu
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) patron and former Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Sunday said his party wants to act as a bridge between India and Pakistan to address the vexed issue of Kashmir.
He, however, insisted that borders can be made irrelevant and insisted that the Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) initiated during PDP`s rule have demonstrated that people can trade and meet each other freely.
"Kashmir is the crown of India and nobody can take even an inch of its land away but borders can be made irrelevant," he said at a function here.
The Mufti said PDP wants to bridge the trust deficit among the Kashmir, Jammu and Ladakh regions besides acting as a bridge between India and Pakistan to address the internal and external dimensions of the Jammu and Kashmir problem.
Hitting out at National Conference, he accused the party of never allowing democracy to grow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...