Noor-ur-Din Noorani Mosque to be ready by Jan 2013
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has set January, 2013, as deadline for completion of the main mosque inside the famous shrine of Sheikh Noor-ur-Din Noorani at Chrar-e-Sharief in Budgam, an official spokesman said on Friday.
"After inspecting the status of work at the mosque complex being executed by Jammu and Kashmir Project Construction Corporation (JKPCC) during a visit yesterday, the CM directed for completion of the job by January next year," the spokesperson said.
Omar, accompanied by Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather, paid obeisance at the shrine and prayed for peace and development of the state and well being of the people, besides inspecting various under-execution works there, he said.
The Managing Director JKPCC M M Gupta, explaining the progress of work, informed the chief minister that more than Rs 16.5 crore have been incurred on the mosque so for.
Chrar-e-Sharief shrine along with the entire township, 29 kms from here, was gutted in a devastating fire following a fierce gunfight between militants and security forces in May 1995.
The CM also directed for early launch of projects aimed at upgrading infrastructural facilities in the complex and rehabilitation of the shopkeepers.
He had recently sanctioned Rs one crore for rehabilitation of shopkeepers, who are being shifted to new complex to create infrastructural facility in the shape of sanitation units, bathrooms and ablution facilities at the shrine for the devotees.
Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy Farooq Abdullah had provided Rs one crore from his Constituency Development Fund for building necessary infrastructure in the Shrine complex for these facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon