Noor-ur-Din Noorani Mosque to be ready by Jan 2013
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has set January, 2013, as deadline for completion of the main mosque inside the famous shrine of Sheikh Noor-ur-Din Noorani at Chrar-e-Sharief in Budgam, an official spokesman said on Friday.
"After inspecting the status of work at the mosque complex being executed by Jammu and Kashmir Project Construction Corporation (JKPCC) during a visit yesterday, the CM directed for completion of the job by January next year," the spokesperson said.
Omar, accompanied by Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather, paid obeisance at the shrine and prayed for peace and development of the state and well being of the people, besides inspecting various under-execution works there, he said.
The Managing Director JKPCC M M Gupta, explaining the progress of work, informed the chief minister that more than Rs 16.5 crore have been incurred on the mosque so for.
Chrar-e-Sharief shrine along with the entire township, 29 kms from here, was gutted in a devastating fire following a fierce gunfight between militants and security forces in May 1995.
The CM also directed for early launch of projects aimed at upgrading infrastructural facilities in the complex and rehabilitation of the shopkeepers.
He had recently sanctioned Rs one crore for rehabilitation of shopkeepers, who are being shifted to new complex to create infrastructural facility in the shape of sanitation units, bathrooms and ablution facilities at the shrine for the devotees.
Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy Farooq Abdullah had provided Rs one crore from his Constituency Development Fund for building necessary infrastructure in the Shrine complex for these facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr