Normalcy returns to Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: After a day`s strike, life
returned to normal in Kashmir Valley on Tuesday with shoppers
flocking the markets and schools and businesses reopening as
authorities lifted restrictions imposed on movement of people.
Traffic snarls were seen at many places as people came
out to stock supplies. Schools, colleges, banks and private
offices reopened and public transport plied on roads.
After July 17 and 25, this is for the third time in
nearly a month that people resumed normal life in the Valley.
The separatists had given calls for strikes and protests
during the past one month against the alleged killing of
civilians by security forces.
Authorities also lifted restrictions imposed on the
movement of people in parts of Srinagar.
The Valley was rocked by protests following the death
of a teenager on June 11 after being hit by a teargas shell at
Gani Stadium near Rajourikadal.
The situation worsened on June 26 with the authorities
clamping curfew in Srinagar and other parts of the Valley.
After the disturbances following the killing of three
youths in Batmaloo area in Srinagar, Army was called out.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know