Northern Army Commander briefs J&K Guvon LoC attack
Jammu: Northern Command Chief Lt General K T Parnaik has briefed Governor N N Vohra over the killing of two jawans by intruding Pakistani troops in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Lt Gen Parnaik met the Governor at Raj Bhawan here last evening and briefed him in detail about Tuesday`s incident on the Line of Control (LoC) at Mankot Sector in Mendhar tehsil in which the two jawans were killed and as many were injured, an official release said here today.
It is likely that another meeting would take place between the Governor and the Army Commander in the next few days on the matter, it said.
Lt Gen Parnaik, who is Col Commandant of the Raj Rifles Regiment, had undertaken security review at the spot soon after the attack.
The Army jawans were killed in the attack by Pakistani troops, reportedly of 29 Baloch Regiment, after they intruded 600 meters deep into Indian territory along the LoC.
"In a significant escalation to the continuing series of ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts supported by Pakistan Army, a group of their regular soldiers of Pakistan Army intruded across the LoC in the Mendhar Sector on January 8, 2013," Public Relation Officer (PRO), Ministry of Defence (MoD) Northern Command, J&K, Lt Col Rajesh Kalia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!