Northern Command chief briefs J&K Governor on security issue
Jammu: General Officer in
Command-in-Chief Northern Command Lt Gen KT Parnaik briefed
Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra about the security and
infiltration situation in the state.
During the one-and-a-half hour meeting held last
night, the Governor and the Northern Army Commander discussed
various issues relating to the internal and external security
management, the continuing attempts of infiltration from
across the International Border and the Line of Control and
the overall security scenario in the state, a Raj Bhawan
spokesman said here on Tuesday.
This was the first meeting of Lt Gen Parnaik, who took
over as Northern Command Chief on January 1, with the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre