Not considering separate division for Ladakh: J&K govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday said there was no proposal under consideration for creating a separate division for Ladakh region.
"The government has no proposal under consideration for creating a separate division for Ladakh region," Minister of State for Revenue and Rehabilitation Ajaz Ahmed Khan has said.
"To ensure speedy development of the area, the government has already created two Hill Development Councils one each for Leh and Kargil," he added.
Replying to a question, the revenue minister said Ladakh is geographically a large area and during winter season, the roads leading to Kargil and Leh normally remain closed due to heavy snow fall and landslides.
He said keeping in view of the topography and geography of the area, the state government has established Hill Development Councils in the region to prepare the developmental plans and oversee their implementations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'