Not considering separate division for Ladakh: J&K govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday said there was no proposal under consideration for creating a separate division for Ladakh region.
"The government has no proposal under consideration for creating a separate division for Ladakh region," Minister of State for Revenue and Rehabilitation Ajaz Ahmed Khan has said.
"To ensure speedy development of the area, the government has already created two Hill Development Councils one each for Leh and Kargil," he added.
Replying to a question, the revenue minister said Ladakh is geographically a large area and during winter season, the roads leading to Kargil and Leh normally remain closed due to heavy snow fall and landslides.
He said keeping in view of the topography and geography of the area, the state government has established Hill Development Councils in the region to prepare the developmental plans and oversee their implementations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets