Not considering separate division for Ladakh: J&K govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday said there was no proposal under consideration for creating a separate division for Ladakh region.
"The government has no proposal under consideration for creating a separate division for Ladakh region," Minister of State for Revenue and Rehabilitation Ajaz Ahmed Khan has said.
"To ensure speedy development of the area, the government has already created two Hill Development Councils one each for Leh and Kargil," he added.
Replying to a question, the revenue minister said Ladakh is geographically a large area and during winter season, the roads leading to Kargil and Leh normally remain closed due to heavy snow fall and landslides.
He said keeping in view of the topography and geography of the area, the state government has established Hill Development Councils in the region to prepare the developmental plans and oversee their implementations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory