Not considering separate division for Ladakh: J&K govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday said there was no proposal under consideration for creating a separate division for Ladakh region.
"The government has no proposal under consideration for creating a separate division for Ladakh region," Minister of State for Revenue and Rehabilitation Ajaz Ahmed Khan has said.
"To ensure speedy development of the area, the government has already created two Hill Development Councils one each for Leh and Kargil," he added.
Replying to a question, the revenue minister said Ladakh is geographically a large area and during winter season, the roads leading to Kargil and Leh normally remain closed due to heavy snow fall and landslides.
He said keeping in view of the topography and geography of the area, the state government has established Hill Development Councils in the region to prepare the developmental plans and oversee their implementations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam