Not for dismissal of J&K govt: PDP
Srinagar: Opposition PDP in Jammu and Kashmir
today said that it was not demanding dismissal of the state
government but ouster of the Chief Minister so that
transparent investigation could follow into the death of an NC
"(We are) not demanding dismissal of state government but
only the stepping down of Omar Abdullah and his MoS Home
(Nasir Aslam Wani)," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said at a
a party workers` convention in Sopore district of north
The opposition leader said the stepping down of Chief
Minister and his top aide would facilitate a "credible and
transparent" probe as "fingers had been raised against them in
the corruption and death case that took place in illegal
Mehbooba said Yousuf`s death represents the lowest point
in the ruling party`s history. The last three years have been
the "darkest" period for the state, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre