Not the right time to withdraw AFSPA from J&K: BJP
Jammu: Opposing any reduction of troops from the state, the Jammu and Kashmir unit of BJP on Monday said the time was "not ripe" to repeal AFSPA here as there was a "dire need for utmost vigil" along the border areas.
"The recent cases of threat to elected Sarpanchs and Panchs in Valley also indicate that situation does not allow to think in terms of bringing down level of presence of security forces," state party convener Kuldeep Raj Gupta said.
He accused the Central government of adopting a "soft approach" towards of terrorism by not raising the issue before Pakistan in "strong words" while also referring to recent reported incidents of unprovoked firing by Pakistani troops from across the border.
The BJP leader alleged the state government was more concerned towards the rehabilitation of surrendered militants than the problems of the people.
He also alleged the Centre of not taking security concerns seriously and "misleading the people on the slogans of development and good governance."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in