Not the right time to withdraw AFSPA from J&K: BJP
Jammu: Opposing any reduction of troops from the state, the Jammu and Kashmir unit of BJP on Monday said the time was "not ripe" to repeal AFSPA here as there was a "dire need for utmost vigil" along the border areas.
"The recent cases of threat to elected Sarpanchs and Panchs in Valley also indicate that situation does not allow to think in terms of bringing down level of presence of security forces," state party convener Kuldeep Raj Gupta said.
He accused the Central government of adopting a "soft approach" towards of terrorism by not raising the issue before Pakistan in "strong words" while also referring to recent reported incidents of unprovoked firing by Pakistani troops from across the border.
The BJP leader alleged the state government was more concerned towards the rehabilitation of surrendered militants than the problems of the people.
He also alleged the Centre of not taking security concerns seriously and "misleading the people on the slogans of development and good governance."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug