Nothing new in ministers resigning to work for the party: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday said there was nothing new in ministers resigning before the elections to work for the party and he will see if such a thing was needed in the state before the Assembly polls scheduled next year.
Omar was expressing his views in the wake of Congress leader Jayanthi Natarajan`s resignation as Union Minister for party work, which has given rise to speculations that more ministers from Centre may be drafted for party work.
"There is nothing new in seeking resignation of some ministers just before the elections. If you remember, before the elections of 2009, ministers like Jairam Ramesh resigned to work for the party. It is the need of the hour," Omar told reporters here.
Omar said it is the internal matter of the Congress party to see which minister has to resign or which not.
The Chief Minister said he will see whether there is a need to take resignations of some of the ministers, belonging to his party National Conference, one to two months before the elections.
"As far as such a thing in Jammu and Kashmir is concerned, we will see to that one or two months before the elections," the Chief Minister said.
National Conference is in coalition with Congress in the state, which is scheduled to go for polls next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?