NPP, BJP protest in Assembly over reservations in BDC polls
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir assembly on Wednesday witnessed unruly scenes over the issue of reservations for women and SC/STs in the upcoming block development council polls.
Members of the National Panthers Party and Bharatiya Janata Party staged a protest and stormed into the well of the house demanding reservation for OBCs, SCs and STs in the polls.
BDC polls are scheduled to be held in the first week of next month and there is no reservation for women, Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) in the BDCs under the present Panchayati Raj Act.
The NPP and BJP are demanding reserving the seats for these classes in the forthcoming polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post