NPP, BJP protest in Assembly over reservations in BDC polls
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir assembly on Wednesday witnessed unruly scenes over the issue of reservations for women and SC/STs in the upcoming block development council polls.
Members of the National Panthers Party and Bharatiya Janata Party staged a protest and stormed into the well of the house demanding reservation for OBCs, SCs and STs in the polls.
BDC polls are scheduled to be held in the first week of next month and there is no reservation for women, Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) in the BDCs under the present Panchayati Raj Act.
The NPP and BJP are demanding reserving the seats for these classes in the forthcoming polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!