‘Obama`s J&K statement akin to murder of justice’
Srinagar: Expressing surprise over the statement of US President Barack Obama on Kashmir, the separatist outfits on Monday alleged that it smacks of double standards and is akin to murder of justice.
"The international community is adopting double standards with regard to the Kashmir issue. If it can support the right to self determination for South Sudan and East Timor, why can it not do the same for Kashmir," hard line Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani said in a statement.
The Hurriyat hawk was reacting to Obama`s statement that India and Pakistan will have to bilaterally resolve the Kashmir issue and that the US will not impose a solution on the two countries.
Geelani said it was surprising that the international community was brushing aside its own commitments made on the Kashmir issue through the UN Security Council resolutions.
Geelani said people of Kashmir will not accept any solution that is not in accordance with their wishes and aspirations.
JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik expressing surprise over Obama`s statements asserted, "the statements are like rubbing salt on the wounds of Kashmiris."
"Obama`s latest statement on Kashmir is in fact a contradiction of his country`s stand on Kashmir. The statement is like rubbing salt on the wounds of oppressed people," Malik said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding