Of a lost bunny and peace in Kashmir for Salman Khurshid
Srinagar: It was a moment of deep longing for External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Friday as he walked down the memory lane to recall his cherished white bunny lost inside the Army cantonment here decades ago.
Khurshid equated his personal loss to the years of turmoil in Kashmir saying people of the Valley want to return to peace, progress and prosperity.
"Three years back when I came to Srinagar, I recalled one of the deepest (childhood) memories which is connected to my today’s life. On one side was our house and on the other was the cantonment. There was a wooden fencing which was broken at one place. Small children could pass through it. Sometimes, we would cross through this opening into the cantonment.
"I had raised a white bunny. One day, the bunny ran through this opening into the cantonment and did not come back till date. That time also, I said that I have a longing of getting that bunny back," Khurshid said while addressing PCC workers at party headquarters here.
"That bunny became a symbol of the beautiful life here and of the unity and progress of this place. It seems that you are also yearning to get that bunny back in your lives," he added.
Khurshid said he spent his childhood in Srinagar when his father was working with a transport company here.
"My first introduction with Srinagar made me to believe that the entire world is beautiful like Srinagar," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview