Officer killed in landslide in Ramban
Banihal (J&K): An officer working with an international company, engaged in tunneling work on Jammu-Srinagar national highway, was killed in a landslide in Ramban district on Tuesday, police said.
Safety Officer Sanjeev Kumar from Jharkhand working with Leighton Welspun company was hit by a landslide during the construction work on four-lane Chenani-Nashri tunnel on the highway this afternoon resulting in his death on the spot, they said.
The body was recovered and sent for the postmortem, they said.
Leighton Welspun, an international tunnel boring company, is currently executing contract for 8.5 km long four-lane tunnel between Chenani in Udhampur district and Nashri in Ramban district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH