Officer killed in landslide in Ramban
Banihal (J&K): An officer working with an international company, engaged in tunneling work on Jammu-Srinagar national highway, was killed in a landslide in Ramban district on Tuesday, police said.
Safety Officer Sanjeev Kumar from Jharkhand working with Leighton Welspun company was hit by a landslide during the construction work on four-lane Chenani-Nashri tunnel on the highway this afternoon resulting in his death on the spot, they said.
The body was recovered and sent for the postmortem, they said.
Leighton Welspun, an international tunnel boring company, is currently executing contract for 8.5 km long four-lane tunnel between Chenani in Udhampur district and Nashri in Ramban district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Bengaluru's first woman taxi driver found dead, no suicide note found
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' journey is no less than a milestone! Watch here
- Dubai, Hong Kong and Malaysia will also get a taste of India's Amrapali mango
- Tata Communications to sell subsidiary Neotel for Rs 2,904 crore
- VIDEO: Iceland commentator goes nuts as team shocks England at Euro 2016