Officials across LoC discuss trade, permits
Poonch (J&K): Officials from Poonch and Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir on Monday met at Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point on the Line of Control and discussed various issues related to crossover and trade, including the issue of permits.
A team, headed by Additional District Development Commissioner (ADDC), Poonch, Anwar Hussain, and a PoK team led by District Commissioner Sohail Azam met at the zero Line at 1205 hours on Monday, officials said.
Both the teams discussed various issues during the 40-minute-long meeting, including delay in issuing permits and erecting sheds on both sides of LoC.
There are about 3,000 applications pending with PoK authorities for issuing permits for cross-over, they said adding PoK authorities also claimed that about 1,100 applications of citizens are pending with J&K authorities.
The traders also demanded setting up of e-mail facilities for better communication between the two sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre