Officials across LoC discuss trade, permits
Poonch (J&K): Officials from Poonch and Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir on Monday met at Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point on the Line of Control and discussed various issues related to crossover and trade, including the issue of permits.
A team, headed by Additional District Development Commissioner (ADDC), Poonch, Anwar Hussain, and a PoK team led by District Commissioner Sohail Azam met at the zero Line at 1205 hours on Monday, officials said.
Both the teams discussed various issues during the 40-minute-long meeting, including delay in issuing permits and erecting sheds on both sides of LoC.
There are about 3,000 applications pending with PoK authorities for issuing permits for cross-over, they said adding PoK authorities also claimed that about 1,100 applications of citizens are pending with J&K authorities.
The traders also demanded setting up of e-mail facilities for better communication between the two sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets