Officials across LoC discuss trade, permits
Poonch (J&K): Officials from Poonch and Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir on Monday met at Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point on the Line of Control and discussed various issues related to crossover and trade, including the issue of permits.
A team, headed by Additional District Development Commissioner (ADDC), Poonch, Anwar Hussain, and a PoK team led by District Commissioner Sohail Azam met at the zero Line at 1205 hours on Monday, officials said.
Both the teams discussed various issues during the 40-minute-long meeting, including delay in issuing permits and erecting sheds on both sides of LoC.
There are about 3,000 applications pending with PoK authorities for issuing permits for cross-over, they said adding PoK authorities also claimed that about 1,100 applications of citizens are pending with J&K authorities.
The traders also demanded setting up of e-mail facilities for better communication between the two sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery