Okay if J&K Assembly summons former Army chief Singh: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Thursday said it saw nothing wrong with it if Jammu and Kashmir Assembly were to summon former Army Chief VK Singh to explain his controversial statement about payoffs to politicians in the state.
"Anyone making derogatory statements... Is sufficient reason for a summons and he has to answer for the irresponsible (remarks). It is appropriate," party spokesman PC Chacko told reporters.
Jammu and Kashmir Assembly Speaker Mubarak Gul had yesterday said he would summon Singh very soon in the matter, which has created uproar in the House and the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case