Omar Abdullah for encouraging extra-curricular activities
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah on Monday emphasised the need for encouraging extra-curricular activities in the state and nurturing the talent from an early age.
"Schools, while concentrating on making the children academically excellent, should devote due attention to imbibe moral education in them and flourish their natural talent in different fields of art, culture and sports," Omar said while interacting with young singer Anmol Jaswal here.
Anmol Jaswal of Jammu has won the National Junior Indian Idol first runners-up award in singing competition organised by a private television channel recently.
He underscored the importance of identifying talent at a young age and facilitating them to catch the opportunities to prove their mettle and ability at state and national levels.
Wishing him success, the Chief Minister gave Anmol a cheque for Rs 51,000 to encourage him for receiving further training and participating in other such national events.
Minister for Culture, Raman Bhalla who was also present on the occasion, said that development of art, culture and sports activities is a focused area and various measures are in place to help nurture the talent in the field of extra-curricular activities.
He said the Department of Culture is providing various platforms to children and youth to excel and take part in the state and national level events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read