Omar Abdullah for encouraging extra-curricular activities
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah on Monday emphasised the need for encouraging extra-curricular activities in the state and nurturing the talent from an early age.
"Schools, while concentrating on making the children academically excellent, should devote due attention to imbibe moral education in them and flourish their natural talent in different fields of art, culture and sports," Omar said while interacting with young singer Anmol Jaswal here.
Anmol Jaswal of Jammu has won the National Junior Indian Idol first runners-up award in singing competition organised by a private television channel recently.
He underscored the importance of identifying talent at a young age and facilitating them to catch the opportunities to prove their mettle and ability at state and national levels.
Wishing him success, the Chief Minister gave Anmol a cheque for Rs 51,000 to encourage him for receiving further training and participating in other such national events.
Minister for Culture, Raman Bhalla who was also present on the occasion, said that development of art, culture and sports activities is a focused area and various measures are in place to help nurture the talent in the field of extra-curricular activities.
He said the Department of Culture is providing various platforms to children and youth to excel and take part in the state and national level events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Types of HIV carried by chimps can infect humans: Study
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32