Omar Abdullah govt a ‘total failure’: PDP
Jammu: The opposition PDP on Tuesday alleged that
the Omar Abdullah-led government in Jammu and Kashmir was a
"total failure in all aspects," and flayed it for not
providing basic amenities to the people of the state.
"This state government is totally failure in all aspects.
We want to give an award to our government for their full
support to corrupt persons and continued mis-governance,"
PDP district vice president, Jammu Urban, Vikram Singh said
during the demonstration at Kachi Chawni area of the city.
PDP workers shouted slogans against state governments for
their "indifferent" attitude towards common man.
"Today`s protest is against the miserable failure of
the present dispensation as people here are tantalizing for
essential commodities," Singh said.
This government has failed to provide electricity, water
and other basic amenities, and people are reeling under
complete darkness while government is quite unresponsive to
looking into the problems faced by them, he said.
He also accused Abdullah of playing with the sentiments of
J&K residents over the sensitive issue of the revocation of
Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA).
Singh said essential commodities had become dearer owing
to the flawed economic policies of the UPA.
Inflation had reached an alarming level and people from
low-income groups were finding it difficult to meet their
daily expenses, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir