Omar Abdullah govt a ‘total failure’: PDP
Jammu: The opposition PDP on Tuesday alleged that
the Omar Abdullah-led government in Jammu and Kashmir was a
"total failure in all aspects," and flayed it for not
providing basic amenities to the people of the state.
"This state government is totally failure in all aspects.
We want to give an award to our government for their full
support to corrupt persons and continued mis-governance,"
PDP district vice president, Jammu Urban, Vikram Singh said
during the demonstration at Kachi Chawni area of the city.
PDP workers shouted slogans against state governments for
their "indifferent" attitude towards common man.
"Today`s protest is against the miserable failure of
the present dispensation as people here are tantalizing for
essential commodities," Singh said.
This government has failed to provide electricity, water
and other basic amenities, and people are reeling under
complete darkness while government is quite unresponsive to
looking into the problems faced by them, he said.
He also accused Abdullah of playing with the sentiments of
J&K residents over the sensitive issue of the revocation of
Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA).
Singh said essential commodities had become dearer owing
to the flawed economic policies of the UPA.
Inflation had reached an alarming level and people from
low-income groups were finding it difficult to meet their
daily expenses, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015