‘Omar Abdullah has become security risk for J&K’
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party on Monday appealed to Governor N N Vohra to dismiss the National Conference-led government, saying Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has become "security risk" after his remarks over the hanging of Afzal Guru.
"Omar Abdullah has become security risk and can`t be entrusted with highly responsible functions of a Chief Minister. We demand dismissal of the government in the interest of the state`s security," JKNPP Chairman Harsh Dev Singh said while addressing a core group meeting held here.
The party accused Omar of making "irresponsible, provocative and unbalanced statement" on highly sensitive issues, which does not conform to the discipline of the Chief Minister`s Office.
Abdullah had yesterday slammed the execution of Parliament attack convict Guru and said it would reinforce a sense of alienation and injustice among generation of youth in the Valley.
The party also urged the Governor to set up a high-power judicial committee to probe into the wealth and property of ministers and the ex-ministers of state.
"Probe into the wealth and property of the Ministers and the Ex-Ministers in Jammu and Kashmir which is enormously higher than their respective incomes," the party alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way