‘Omar Abdullah has become security risk for J&K’
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party on Monday appealed to Governor N N Vohra to dismiss the National Conference-led government, saying Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has become "security risk" after his remarks over the hanging of Afzal Guru.
"Omar Abdullah has become security risk and can`t be entrusted with highly responsible functions of a Chief Minister. We demand dismissal of the government in the interest of the state`s security," JKNPP Chairman Harsh Dev Singh said while addressing a core group meeting held here.
The party accused Omar of making "irresponsible, provocative and unbalanced statement" on highly sensitive issues, which does not conform to the discipline of the Chief Minister`s Office.
Abdullah had yesterday slammed the execution of Parliament attack convict Guru and said it would reinforce a sense of alienation and injustice among generation of youth in the Valley.
The party also urged the Governor to set up a high-power judicial committee to probe into the wealth and property of ministers and the ex-ministers of state.
"Probe into the wealth and property of the Ministers and the Ex-Ministers in Jammu and Kashmir which is enormously higher than their respective incomes," the party alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!