Omar Abdullah hints at pre-poll alliance between NC, Cong
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday hinted at a pre-poll alliance between his National Conference and coalition partner Congress in the next Assembly polls due in 2014.
"The (decision to) contest election for the four Legislative Council seats by National Conference and Congress jointly indicates the grand alliance of the two parties to face 2014 Assembly elections in Jammu and Kashmir," a National Conference spokesman quoted Abdullah as saying.
The chief minister, who is also the working president of National Conference, was addressing Panches and Sarpanches at Bandipora, Sumbal and Sopore in north Kashmir.
"National Conference and Congress share high principles of communal harmony, equitable development and restoration of permanent peace in the state. The coalition between the two parties is natural and will get further strengthened in the future," Abdullah said.
Underscoring the importance of closer coordination between NC and Congress workers to realise the goal of peace and equitable development, the Chief Minister said facts about the performance of the government were the best tools to blunt the "false propaganda" against the government and the coalition.
He asked the Panches and Sarpanches to show unity and commitment by ensuring thumping victory of the joint candidates of the coalition in Legislative Council Election to be held on December 3 under Panchayat quota.
"Let you exhibit by your verdict in favour of NC-Congress joint candidates in MLCs election that the coalition between the two parties is for the highest cause of public service and in the larger interest of the state and the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you