Omar Abdullah meets Governor, discusses security issues
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday met Governor NN Vohra at Raj Bhavan here and discussed security issues, including recent infiltration attempts along the Line of Control.
"The Governor and the Chief Minister discussed various issues relating to the continuing attempts at infiltration across the LoC in both the Kashmir and Jammu regions and the incidence of terrorist activities in the past two months," an official spokesman said after the meeting.
He said the Chief Minister also briefed Vohra about steps being taken for securing more effective internal security management and for enhancing the pace of implementation of development projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?