Omar Abdullah meets Governor, discusses security issues
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday met Governor NN Vohra at Raj Bhavan here and discussed security issues, including recent infiltration attempts along the Line of Control.
"The Governor and the Chief Minister discussed various issues relating to the continuing attempts at infiltration across the LoC in both the Kashmir and Jammu regions and the incidence of terrorist activities in the past two months," an official spokesman said after the meeting.
He said the Chief Minister also briefed Vohra about steps being taken for securing more effective internal security management and for enhancing the pace of implementation of development projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Bomb disposal squad deployed in central England after arrests
- US Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal drawn for potential semi-final clash
- Long traffic jams may increase risk of cancer!
- Fighters and residents leave besieged Damascus suburb Daraya
- Australian scribe hints weapon data present in leaked Scorpene documents