Omar Abdullah meets Governor Vohra
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today met Governor N N Vohra here and discussed various issues ranging from arrangements for Amarnath yatra to the likely schedule for upcoming Assembly polls in the state.
"The Governor and the Chief Minister discussed the Election Commission`s likely schedule for the upcoming polls in the state and important projects which need to be implemented," an official spokesman said after the hour-long meeting at Raj Bhavan.
Omar briefed Vohra about various important matters relating to development, security and governance in the state.
"They also discussed issues relating to the preparedness of the (Shri Amarnathji) Shrine Board and the state government about arrangements for the upcoming Amarnath yatra particularly keeping in view the heavy snow fall in the preceding months," the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, Director General of Police K Rajendra Kumar also called on the Governor and briefed him about the preparedness of the police for Amarnath yatra, scheduled to commence on June 28.
"The Governor discussed issues relating to internal security management in the state during their hour-long meeting," the spokesman said.
This is the first meeting of Kumar with the Governor after taking over as DGP early this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday