Omar Abdullah questions PDP over video of J&K minister
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday questioned opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) petitioning the Election Commission over the video of state Social Welfare Minister Sakina Itoo seeking a religious pledge for support from a political worker.
"She (Itoo) isn`t asking for votes or in anyway talking about elections/rival candidates. How is this then an election matter?" Omar wrote on microblogging site twitter.
The Chief Minister said the opposition party was in panic mode and trying to mislead the Election Commission over the issue.
"I know the PDP is in complete panic mode but using old videos and trying to mislead the EC about code violations is desperate beyond words," he said.
Omar said he has spoken to the minister and she has clarified that the incident took place before the Model Code of Conduct came into force on March 5.
"I`ve spoken to Sakina, this video was taken months before the election code. She isn`t threatening anyone, she isn`t abusing anyone.
"She is trying to convince an old worker of her father to come back & work for the party as he had been upset for a while," Omar said in a series of tweets on the issue.
The Chief Minister, however, said his National Conference will follow the directives that the EC might issue in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks