Omar Abdullah thanks Modi for Katra-Udhampur rail link
Katra: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for flagging off the Katra-Udhampur train.
"We were waiting for this for a long time; it will be a big boon for the locals as well. Crores of people will now be able to get Mata Vaishno Devi`s blessings due to this train. I thank Modi for it and congratulate the Indian railways," said Abdullah.
Recalling former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s contribution to the Indian Railways, Omar said, "I want to recount the invaluable contribution of Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s government in the development of this rail link."
Abdullah also requested Modi for the possibility to extend railway link to areas like Sonmarg and expressed the need for the upgradation of Jammu railway.
Earlier today, Narendra Modi had flagged off a Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU) on his first visit to Jammu and Kashmir after assuming office. The train will serve as special train to the Hindu holy shrine of Vaishno Devi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley