Omar Abdullah thanks Modi for Katra-Udhampur rail link
Katra: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for flagging off the Katra-Udhampur train.
"We were waiting for this for a long time; it will be a big boon for the locals as well. Crores of people will now be able to get Mata Vaishno Devi`s blessings due to this train. I thank Modi for it and congratulate the Indian railways," said Abdullah.
Recalling former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s contribution to the Indian Railways, Omar said, "I want to recount the invaluable contribution of Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s government in the development of this rail link."
Abdullah also requested Modi for the possibility to extend railway link to areas like Sonmarg and expressed the need for the upgradation of Jammu railway.
Earlier today, Narendra Modi had flagged off a Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU) on his first visit to Jammu and Kashmir after assuming office. The train will serve as special train to the Hindu holy shrine of Vaishno Devi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grown up and gorgeous, Nysa poses with mother Kajol!
- UEFA Euro 2016: Spain Vs Italy, Germany Vs Slovakia, England Vs Iceland – The Round of 16 Fixtures in Full
- Cliff Richard feels 'tarnished' by sexual abuse allegations
- Companies with UK exposure trade mixed ahead of Brexit vote outcome
- Here's what Iulia Vantur did after Salman Khan's 'raped woman' remark controversy!