Omar Abdullah`s remarks against national integrity: BJP
Jammu: BJP on Sunday flayed Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for his remarks over the hanging of Afzal Guru, saying it was against "dignity and national integrity" and might put national interest at stake.
"It is unfortunate that such unconstitutional statements are being made by the leaders here. For minor political gains they are putting national interest at stake," BJP Rajya Sabha MP and national general secretary Jai Prakash Nadda said while addressing a day-long conclave of partyworkers here.
He said the statement was against the "dignity and national integrity" and should be condemned in strong words.
Omar had earlier said that the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru would reinforce a sense of "alienation and injustice" among generation of youth in the Valley.
Nadda also condemned Congress` silence on Omar`s statement and said that the party should come out with a statement in this regard.
"Congress should make a clear statement on this. Their silence means that they are endorsing all this and it also means that Congress does not value the decision of the Supreme Court and the President of the country," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- This Russian cat adopts baby monkey after his mother abandons him – Watch inspirational video!
- Centre must explain Scorpene submarines leak, says Congress
- 10 hot features of Google Android Nougat Operating System
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters
- Do you want to work for the Narendra Modi Government? Apply here