Omar Abdullah`s remarks against national integrity: BJP
Jammu: BJP on Sunday flayed Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for his remarks over the hanging of Afzal Guru, saying it was against "dignity and national integrity" and might put national interest at stake.
"It is unfortunate that such unconstitutional statements are being made by the leaders here. For minor political gains they are putting national interest at stake," BJP Rajya Sabha MP and national general secretary Jai Prakash Nadda said while addressing a day-long conclave of partyworkers here.
He said the statement was against the "dignity and national integrity" and should be condemned in strong words.
Omar had earlier said that the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru would reinforce a sense of "alienation and injustice" among generation of youth in the Valley.
Nadda also condemned Congress` silence on Omar`s statement and said that the party should come out with a statement in this regard.
"Congress should make a clear statement on this. Their silence means that they are endorsing all this and it also means that Congress does not value the decision of the Supreme Court and the President of the country," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!