Omar Abdullah`s remarks against national integrity: BJP
Jammu: BJP on Sunday flayed Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for his remarks over the hanging of Afzal Guru, saying it was against "dignity and national integrity" and might put national interest at stake.
"It is unfortunate that such unconstitutional statements are being made by the leaders here. For minor political gains they are putting national interest at stake," BJP Rajya Sabha MP and national general secretary Jai Prakash Nadda said while addressing a day-long conclave of partyworkers here.
He said the statement was against the "dignity and national integrity" and should be condemned in strong words.
Omar had earlier said that the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru would reinforce a sense of "alienation and injustice" among generation of youth in the Valley.
Nadda also condemned Congress` silence on Omar`s statement and said that the party should come out with a statement in this regard.
"Congress should make a clear statement on this. Their silence means that they are endorsing all this and it also means that Congress does not value the decision of the Supreme Court and the President of the country," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read