Omar Abdullah`s remarks against national integrity: BJP
Jammu: BJP on Sunday flayed Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for his remarks over the hanging of Afzal Guru, saying it was against "dignity and national integrity" and might put national interest at stake.
"It is unfortunate that such unconstitutional statements are being made by the leaders here. For minor political gains they are putting national interest at stake," BJP Rajya Sabha MP and national general secretary Jai Prakash Nadda said while addressing a day-long conclave of partyworkers here.
He said the statement was against the "dignity and national integrity" and should be condemned in strong words.
Omar had earlier said that the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru would reinforce a sense of "alienation and injustice" among generation of youth in the Valley.
Nadda also condemned Congress` silence on Omar`s statement and said that the party should come out with a statement in this regard.
"Congress should make a clear statement on this. Their silence means that they are endorsing all this and it also means that Congress does not value the decision of the Supreme Court and the President of the country," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!