Omar Abdullah`s statements are ‘juvenile pranks’: Mehbooba Mufti
Srinagar: The opposition PDP today termed statements of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah as "juvenile pranks" saying he should focus on governance instead of indulging in histrionics and rhetoric.
"Omar`s statements are juvenile pranks lacking tangible content and intellectual depth. Instead of indulging in histrionics and rhetoric, he should focus on governance as the state’s hapless inhabitants are suffering immensely because of total governance failure," PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti said in a statement here.
She accused the government of failing on every count and said people had lost all hopes from the present dispensation.
"Having terribly failed on every count, Omar would now do a great favour to the people if he can ensure at least some respectable power supply during the remaining two winters of his tenure," she said.
Mehbooba said the power crisis in the state had set in when the present government took over in 2009.
She alleged the crisis now seems to be going from bad to worse with people in every nook and corner of the state moaning over the "deteriorating" electricity supply.
"It is for the first time since 2002 that power supply has worsened both in metered and unmetered areas to an appalling extent," the PDP president said.
The PDP president said "the distressed people of the state in general and Kashmir Valley in particular are in for the worst times under the present regime with acute shortage of basic amenities, including power and LPG, multiplying their miseries."
Mehbooba challenged the Chief Minister to name one major developmental project pioneered and executed by his government.
"With four years of his tenure over, we challenge Omar to show one major developmental project pioneered, executed and accomplished by his government," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday