Omar Abdullah`s statements are ‘juvenile pranks’: Mehbooba Mufti
Srinagar: The opposition PDP today termed statements of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah as "juvenile pranks" saying he should focus on governance instead of indulging in histrionics and rhetoric.
"Omar`s statements are juvenile pranks lacking tangible content and intellectual depth. Instead of indulging in histrionics and rhetoric, he should focus on governance as the state’s hapless inhabitants are suffering immensely because of total governance failure," PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti said in a statement here.
She accused the government of failing on every count and said people had lost all hopes from the present dispensation.
"Having terribly failed on every count, Omar would now do a great favour to the people if he can ensure at least some respectable power supply during the remaining two winters of his tenure," she said.
Mehbooba said the power crisis in the state had set in when the present government took over in 2009.
She alleged the crisis now seems to be going from bad to worse with people in every nook and corner of the state moaning over the "deteriorating" electricity supply.
"It is for the first time since 2002 that power supply has worsened both in metered and unmetered areas to an appalling extent," the PDP president said.
The PDP president said "the distressed people of the state in general and Kashmir Valley in particular are in for the worst times under the present regime with acute shortage of basic amenities, including power and LPG, multiplying their miseries."
Mehbooba challenged the Chief Minister to name one major developmental project pioneered and executed by his government.
"With four years of his tenure over, we challenge Omar to show one major developmental project pioneered, executed and accomplished by his government," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP