Omar aggrieved over death of jawans in avalanche
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah Thursday expressed his "heart-felt condolences" to the families of soldiers killed in two avalanches that struck the Kashmir Valley.
"Heart-felt condolences to the families of those soldiers
who lost their loved ones in the avalanches today (in)
Kashmir," Omar wrote on micro-blogging website Twitter.
The Chief Minister said he was sending his minister with
a personal message of condolence to the Army`s Srinagar-based
15 Corps General Officer Commanding (GOC) Lt Gen S A Hasnain.
At least 11 Army jawans were killed and several others
feared trapped when avalanches struck two Army camps in
Ganderbal and Bandipora districts of the Valley today.
The first avalanche struck the workshop of 109 infantry
brigade of Army posted at Dawar in Gurez area of Bandipora
district during the intervening night in which eight soldiers
Three jawans were killed in another avalanche that struck
their camp in Sonamarg area of Ganderbal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’