Omar approves digitisation of 6,300 books at cultural academy
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has approved the digitalisation of over 6,300 reference books in the State Academy of Art, Culture and Languages, saying preservation and conservation of state`s rich treasure of art, culture, heritage and literature is the need of the hour.
Omar, who is also the president of the Academy, gave the nod to the digitalisation of the reference books and directed release of Rs 35 lakh for the purpose at the Central Committee meeting of the Academy here yesterday, a spokesman said today.
"Our present and future generations should be well-versed with the history and cultural diversity of our state and well-preserved documentations of memorabilia and reference books would act as valuable treasure for them in this regard," Omar said.
The CM had earlier approved the digitisation of manuscripts, paintings, miniatures, calligraphy specimen and photographs of the Academy to preserve these for posterity.
Omar has received details of major activities being undertaken by the Academy to promote literature, art, culture and heritage, the spokesman said.
He has received briefs on the construction of `Tehzeeb Mehal`, renovation and repairs of Tagore Hall and Abhinav Theatre, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie