Omar asks administration to be prompt in service delivery
Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday reviewed implementation of development programmes in Jammu and directed officers to be prompt in service delivery.
Chairing a high-level meeting, he reviewed the steps to mitigate difficulties of people and ensure prompt service delivery in various public service sectors.
Reviewing the power sector, he suggested bringing about improvement in distribution and transmission system and approved a Rs 2.33 crore proposal for upgrading distribution system and improving the supply of electricity.
Rs 3 crore was approved for augmenting and upgrading drinking water supply through tanker service.
The Chief Minister also took stock of the supply position of foodgrains and asked the concerned department to ensure smooth supply of essential commodities to people especially in remote areas.
Reviewing sewerage and drainage projects, he gave orders for early restoration of roads damaged due to laying of sewer lines.
Omar said that fertiliser and seed requirements of farmers must be addressed in time to ensure successful Kharif crops.
The Chief Minister also reviewed the flood protection work in Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray