Omar asks administration to be prompt in service delivery
Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday reviewed implementation of development programmes in Jammu and directed officers to be prompt in service delivery.
Chairing a high-level meeting, he reviewed the steps to mitigate difficulties of people and ensure prompt service delivery in various public service sectors.
Reviewing the power sector, he suggested bringing about improvement in distribution and transmission system and approved a Rs 2.33 crore proposal for upgrading distribution system and improving the supply of electricity.
Rs 3 crore was approved for augmenting and upgrading drinking water supply through tanker service.
The Chief Minister also took stock of the supply position of foodgrains and asked the concerned department to ensure smooth supply of essential commodities to people especially in remote areas.
Reviewing sewerage and drainage projects, he gave orders for early restoration of roads damaged due to laying of sewer lines.
Omar said that fertiliser and seed requirements of farmers must be addressed in time to ensure successful Kharif crops.
The Chief Minister also reviewed the flood protection work in Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?