Omar asks administration to be prompt in service delivery
Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday reviewed implementation of development programmes in Jammu and directed officers to be prompt in service delivery.
Chairing a high-level meeting, he reviewed the steps to mitigate difficulties of people and ensure prompt service delivery in various public service sectors.
Reviewing the power sector, he suggested bringing about improvement in distribution and transmission system and approved a Rs 2.33 crore proposal for upgrading distribution system and improving the supply of electricity.
Rs 3 crore was approved for augmenting and upgrading drinking water supply through tanker service.
The Chief Minister also took stock of the supply position of foodgrains and asked the concerned department to ensure smooth supply of essential commodities to people especially in remote areas.
Reviewing sewerage and drainage projects, he gave orders for early restoration of roads damaged due to laying of sewer lines.
Omar said that fertiliser and seed requirements of farmers must be addressed in time to ensure successful Kharif crops.
The Chief Minister also reviewed the flood protection work in Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband