Omar asks NC cadres to gear up for 2014 LS, J&K assembly polls
Srinagar: Virtually putting the ruling National Conference in election mode, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday asked the party cadres to brace themselves up for 2014 Lok Sabha and state assembly elections.
"You should keep this enthusiasm and feeling alive because now the time for the test is coming. This is the last year to make this party strong as 2014 is the election year —first the Parliamentary elections, then the J-K assembly elections," Omar said addressing workers at the party headquarters Nawa-i-Subh here.
The function was marked to felicitate the former Minister of State for Home and Tourism, Nasir Aslam Wani, who was recently nominated party`s provincial president for Kashmir region.
Omar said the party needs to be ready for the elections to ensure success and take the state forward. "We have to make our party ready so that we win the next elections with good success and take this state forward," Omar told workers.
He said the recent changes in the party will infuse new life in to it and which will benefit its workers.
"You will see this party in a new face, with new enthusiasm? a new life will be enthused into the party and Nawa-i-Subh and new activities will take place which will benefit the party workers," he said.
Omar said more efforts will be made to address the aspirations of party workers, adding ministers should also take the workers into confidence before any work is done.
"I know, even now there are expectations from our workers their problems will be sorted out and their demands will be fulfilled. No work should happen without party workers. No tour or programme of a minister should happen without party workers," he said.
He said, "If a minister goes for some government function, then after the programme, it is important that he talks to workers of the area, listens to their problems and redress them on spot."
On the occasion, Omar requested the party leaders to work for the party and cooperate with the new team.
"I request my senior leaders that they cooperate with Nasir (Aslam Wani) if they really mean that they are nothing without party, which is easier said than done," Omar said.
"We can say that we are nothing without the party, but can we really show it?" he questioned them.
Omar lauded Wani for leaving the council of ministers and work for the party.
"He (Wani) did not complain when he did not remain a minister. He said the party comes first, then the government," Omar told workers.
Omar said National Conference is a party which believes in giving the first priority to the party and its workers.
Omar, referring to Wani, said the road before the new provincial president would not be an easy one and expressed hope that he would come to the expectations of the party patron Farooq Abdullah and the workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22