Omar assures government support in tackling unemployment
Srinagar: Listing unemployment as the top most concern of his government, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah assured the youth of full support in helping them undertake independent economic activities.
Omar was speaking at a function held yesterday to hand over sanction letters of seed money worth Rs 2.30 crore to 85 young entrepreneurs trained at Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI) in Pampore.
You have a vast field to work and seek betterment and prosperity to yourself and to the state, he told the budding entrepreneurs, adding that his government would extend every
possible help in this regard.
He said the approach of entrepreneurship development and capacity building has started yielding positive results and stressed that the youth were laying foundation for a turn
around strategy in the field of employment and job market.
Focused attention was being paid on expanding the orbit of job market for young persons, the chief minister said, and expressed hope that Jammu and Kashmir Bank would continue to play its role in helping the government tackle the problem of
Jammu and Kashmir Bank sanctioned Rs 4.60 crores in loans for the 85 trained entrepreneurs who received the sanction letters of seed money, Omar said and added that the strategy of granting seed money and ensuring hassle-free finances from the bank was already in place.
A total of Rs 40 lakhs have been contributed by these entrepreneurs to start ventures in projects like electronics, animal and sheep husbandry, mobile repairing, copper works and jewellery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!