Omar assures government support in tackling unemployment
Srinagar: Listing unemployment as the top most concern of his government, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah assured the youth of full support in helping them undertake independent economic activities.
Omar was speaking at a function held yesterday to hand over sanction letters of seed money worth Rs 2.30 crore to 85 young entrepreneurs trained at Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI) in Pampore.
You have a vast field to work and seek betterment and prosperity to yourself and to the state, he told the budding entrepreneurs, adding that his government would extend every
possible help in this regard.
He said the approach of entrepreneurship development and capacity building has started yielding positive results and stressed that the youth were laying foundation for a turn
around strategy in the field of employment and job market.
Focused attention was being paid on expanding the orbit of job market for young persons, the chief minister said, and expressed hope that Jammu and Kashmir Bank would continue to play its role in helping the government tackle the problem of
Jammu and Kashmir Bank sanctioned Rs 4.60 crores in loans for the 85 trained entrepreneurs who received the sanction letters of seed money, Omar said and added that the strategy of granting seed money and ensuring hassle-free finances from the bank was already in place.
A total of Rs 40 lakhs have been contributed by these entrepreneurs to start ventures in projects like electronics, animal and sheep husbandry, mobile repairing, copper works and jewellery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion