Omar assures government support in tackling unemployment
Srinagar: Listing unemployment as the top most concern of his government, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah assured the youth of full support in helping them undertake independent economic activities.
Omar was speaking at a function held yesterday to hand over sanction letters of seed money worth Rs 2.30 crore to 85 young entrepreneurs trained at Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI) in Pampore.
You have a vast field to work and seek betterment and prosperity to yourself and to the state, he told the budding entrepreneurs, adding that his government would extend every
possible help in this regard.
He said the approach of entrepreneurship development and capacity building has started yielding positive results and stressed that the youth were laying foundation for a turn
around strategy in the field of employment and job market.
Focused attention was being paid on expanding the orbit of job market for young persons, the chief minister said, and expressed hope that Jammu and Kashmir Bank would continue to play its role in helping the government tackle the problem of
Jammu and Kashmir Bank sanctioned Rs 4.60 crores in loans for the 85 trained entrepreneurs who received the sanction letters of seed money, Omar said and added that the strategy of granting seed money and ensuring hassle-free finances from the bank was already in place.
A total of Rs 40 lakhs have been contributed by these entrepreneurs to start ventures in projects like electronics, animal and sheep husbandry, mobile repairing, copper works and jewellery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared