Omar assures government support in tackling unemployment
Srinagar: Listing unemployment as the top most concern of his government, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah assured the youth of full support in helping them undertake independent economic activities.
Omar was speaking at a function held yesterday to hand over sanction letters of seed money worth Rs 2.30 crore to 85 young entrepreneurs trained at Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI) in Pampore.
You have a vast field to work and seek betterment and prosperity to yourself and to the state, he told the budding entrepreneurs, adding that his government would extend every
possible help in this regard.
He said the approach of entrepreneurship development and capacity building has started yielding positive results and stressed that the youth were laying foundation for a turn
around strategy in the field of employment and job market.
Focused attention was being paid on expanding the orbit of job market for young persons, the chief minister said, and expressed hope that Jammu and Kashmir Bank would continue to play its role in helping the government tackle the problem of
Jammu and Kashmir Bank sanctioned Rs 4.60 crores in loans for the 85 trained entrepreneurs who received the sanction letters of seed money, Omar said and added that the strategy of granting seed money and ensuring hassle-free finances from the bank was already in place.
A total of Rs 40 lakhs have been contributed by these entrepreneurs to start ventures in projects like electronics, animal and sheep husbandry, mobile repairing, copper works and jewellery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'