Omar calls Qaimoh teenager`s death `terrible tragedy`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday termed the death of a youth allegedly in CRPF firing in Kulgam district as a "terrible tragedy", but questioned those "exploiting" anger in the Valley and "orchestrating" the protests.
"Terrible tragedy, the death of Suhail in Qaimoh. Anger over the deaths in Gaza is understandable, exploiting that anger is not," Omar wrote on micro-blogging website Twitter.
15-year-old Suhail Ahmad Mir was killed in alleged CRPF firing yesterday in Qaimoh area in south Kashmir district during protests against Israeli aggression in Gaza Strip.
The Chief Minister said those who organized the protests should ask themselves whether they felt any guilt over the youth`s death.
"The people organizing and orchestrating these protests need to ask themselves whether they feel any guilt over this youth`s death," he said.
Omar said the government would inquire into the circumstances surrounding the youth`s death.
"On our part we will inquire into the circumstances surrounding Suhail`s death and any unnecessary use of force or violation of SOP`s (standard operating procedures)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie