Omar calls Qaimoh teenager`s death `terrible tragedy`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday termed the death of a youth allegedly in CRPF firing in Kulgam district as a "terrible tragedy", but questioned those "exploiting" anger in the Valley and "orchestrating" the protests.
"Terrible tragedy, the death of Suhail in Qaimoh. Anger over the deaths in Gaza is understandable, exploiting that anger is not," Omar wrote on micro-blogging website Twitter.
15-year-old Suhail Ahmad Mir was killed in alleged CRPF firing yesterday in Qaimoh area in south Kashmir district during protests against Israeli aggression in Gaza Strip.
The Chief Minister said those who organized the protests should ask themselves whether they felt any guilt over the youth`s death.
"The people organizing and orchestrating these protests need to ask themselves whether they feel any guilt over this youth`s death," he said.
Omar said the government would inquire into the circumstances surrounding the youth`s death.
"On our part we will inquire into the circumstances surrounding Suhail`s death and any unnecessary use of force or violation of SOP`s (standard operating procedures)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!