Omar condemns attack on police personnel at Pulwama
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday condoled the demise of two Special Police Officers (SPOs) in a suspected militant attack in south Kashmir`s Pulwama.
While condemning the attack, Omar lauded the brave personnel and said that their sacrifice was the highest degree of service to the people and the state.
In a condolence message, Omar also expressed his solidarity with the police and the bereaved families and prayed for the early recovery of the injured.
Suspected militants opened fire on a police vehicle parked outside a court in Pulwama town, seriously wounding SPOs Khursheed Ahmad and Mukhtar Ahmad who succumbed to their injuries at a nearby hospital.
Two civilians were also hurt in the firing which sparked panic in the busy area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Formula 1: Bernie Ecclestone planning to scrap 'unequal' prize money structure
- Top Chinese envoy visits Vietnam as South China Sea tension rises
- Sensex stays flat after worst fall in four months
- Britain economy strong, can cope with EU exit turmoil: George Osborne
- Brexit unlikely to impact Indian auto component exports: ICRA