Omar condemns attack on police personnel at Pulwama
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday condoled the demise of two Special Police Officers (SPOs) in a suspected militant attack in south Kashmir`s Pulwama.
While condemning the attack, Omar lauded the brave personnel and said that their sacrifice was the highest degree of service to the people and the state.
In a condolence message, Omar also expressed his solidarity with the police and the bereaved families and prayed for the early recovery of the injured.
Suspected militants opened fire on a police vehicle parked outside a court in Pulwama town, seriously wounding SPOs Khursheed Ahmad and Mukhtar Ahmad who succumbed to their injuries at a nearby hospital.
Two civilians were also hurt in the firing which sparked panic in the busy area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog