Omar condemns attack on police personnel at Pulwama
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday condoled the demise of two Special Police Officers (SPOs) in a suspected militant attack in south Kashmir`s Pulwama.
While condemning the attack, Omar lauded the brave personnel and said that their sacrifice was the highest degree of service to the people and the state.
In a condolence message, Omar also expressed his solidarity with the police and the bereaved families and prayed for the early recovery of the injured.
Suspected militants opened fire on a police vehicle parked outside a court in Pulwama town, seriously wounding SPOs Khursheed Ahmad and Mukhtar Ahmad who succumbed to their injuries at a nearby hospital.
Two civilians were also hurt in the firing which sparked panic in the busy area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey