Omar condemns attack on police personnel at Pulwama
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday condoled the demise of two Special Police Officers (SPOs) in a suspected militant attack in south Kashmir`s Pulwama.
While condemning the attack, Omar lauded the brave personnel and said that their sacrifice was the highest degree of service to the people and the state.
In a condolence message, Omar also expressed his solidarity with the police and the bereaved families and prayed for the early recovery of the injured.
Suspected militants opened fire on a police vehicle parked outside a court in Pulwama town, seriously wounding SPOs Khursheed Ahmad and Mukhtar Ahmad who succumbed to their injuries at a nearby hospital.
Two civilians were also hurt in the firing which sparked panic in the busy area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees