Omar condemns killing of youth in Army firing
Srinagar: Condemning the killing of a
youth in an Army operation in Kupwara district, Jammu and
Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Saturday said the incident
could have been avoided if a "suggestion" made by him at a
meeting of the Unified Headquarters had been implemented.
However, he did not elaborate as to what the
"How can one not condemn the death of 21-year-old
Manzoor at the hands of the Army late last night. Another
needless death in a bloody Kashmir," Omar posted on
micro-blogging site Twitter.
Omar said he was trying to understand the circumstances
in which the youth was killed but was not getting enough
answers to his many questions.
"Have been trying to understand the circumstances.
Lots of questions but not enough answers at the moment," he
Omar said he was upset with the knowledge that the
incident could have been avoided if a suggestion he had made
at the Unified Headquarters, the top security forum which
includes heads of all security agencies active in the state,
had been implemented.
"I am even more upset with the knowledge that if a
suggestion of mine, made in the Unified Command (sic), could
have avoided this incident," he posted.
The Chief Minister has off late started using Twitter
to convey his views.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof