Omar condemns killing of youth in Army firing
Srinagar: Condemning the killing of a
youth in an Army operation in Kupwara district, Jammu and
Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Saturday said the incident
could have been avoided if a "suggestion" made by him at a
meeting of the Unified Headquarters had been implemented.
However, he did not elaborate as to what the
"How can one not condemn the death of 21-year-old
Manzoor at the hands of the Army late last night. Another
needless death in a bloody Kashmir," Omar posted on
micro-blogging site Twitter.
Omar said he was trying to understand the circumstances
in which the youth was killed but was not getting enough
answers to his many questions.
"Have been trying to understand the circumstances.
Lots of questions but not enough answers at the moment," he
Omar said he was upset with the knowledge that the
incident could have been avoided if a suggestion he had made
at the Unified Headquarters, the top security forum which
includes heads of all security agencies active in the state,
had been implemented.
"I am even more upset with the knowledge that if a
suggestion of mine, made in the Unified Command (sic), could
have avoided this incident," he posted.
The Chief Minister has off late started using Twitter
to convey his views.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack