Omar condoles SHO`s death, says attack an act of cowardice
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday night condemned the militant attack on a police party in Budgam district in which an officer was killed, describing it as a heinous crime by cowards.
In his condolence message, Omar conveyed his sympathies to the bereaved family of SHO Chadoora Sub-Inspector Shabir Ahmad and highlighted the bravery of police personnel who sacrificed their life to safeguard the lives of people.
Armed with AK assault rifles, a group of unidentified militants opened indiscriminate fire on the police party led by Ahmad at busy Chadoora chowk last afternoon.
Ahmad, who had received a burst of gunfire in the chest, succumbed to his wounds at a local hospital.
Constable Mohammad Shafi and SPO Firdous Ahmad were also injured in the militant firing along with a shopkeeper Ghulam Mohammad.
The Chief Minister also prayed for early recovery of the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?