Omar condoles SHO`s death, says attack an act of cowardice
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday night condemned the militant attack on a police party in Budgam district in which an officer was killed, describing it as a heinous crime by cowards.
In his condolence message, Omar conveyed his sympathies to the bereaved family of SHO Chadoora Sub-Inspector Shabir Ahmad and highlighted the bravery of police personnel who sacrificed their life to safeguard the lives of people.
Armed with AK assault rifles, a group of unidentified militants opened indiscriminate fire on the police party led by Ahmad at busy Chadoora chowk last afternoon.
Ahmad, who had received a burst of gunfire in the chest, succumbed to his wounds at a local hospital.
Constable Mohammad Shafi and SPO Firdous Ahmad were also injured in the militant firing along with a shopkeeper Ghulam Mohammad.
The Chief Minister also prayed for early recovery of the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!